BMG Models has internship opportunities in our Chicago, LA, New York, Atlanta, Orlando and Miami offices for Summer session.
What does an internship entail?
Internships are volunteer positions at the agency. Interns may perform many duties including answering phones, filing or scanning talent pictures, assisting with the uploading of pictures and resumes onto our web site, assisting our staff at open call, and/or processing new contracts and applications into the model and talent database. Interns may assist model bookers by calling talent to inform them of an assignment, or run agency errands.
The advantages of an internship include:
* Learning the logistics of talent agency work
* Learning the basic aspects of marketing
* Learning about customer service and customer communication
* Learning about the fashion, electronic/print media and entertainment industries
Other advantages include:
* A fast-paced work environment
* Meeting creative people
* Exposure to potential career opportunities should you decide to pursue this industry
Current departments available:
* Image Department
* Accounting/Business Management
* Fashion Board
Outgoing, assertive personalities are best suited to the fast-paced environment of a talent agency. Flexibility and quick thinking are absolutely required. The talent agency environment doesn’t allow much time for training so an intern must be a quick study.
Finally, interns must have a willingness to perform work that does not appear glamorous (filing, data processing, etc). Commitment: Three months minimum. Interns may volunteer to work one or more days a week, 24 hours per week max. This is not a paid position, but school credit is an option.
You can apply for an internship by sending a resume/portfolio and brief introduction to the email listed on the contact page of the office in which you are interested in interning.